Posted on March 30 2019
Executive women have it all right? Money, Power, Respect, and all the other shenanigans that are supposed to come with an executive position. So you go to school, you follow the rules (barely). You keep your head down and you work hard to finally land the position of your dreams. YEAH RIGHT!
Many women get to the top only to find that the high road is non-existent. Every single day you get up needing another reason to keep going on in this dog-eat-dog corporate world. You have to be smart, you have to play it cool while letting them know that you are not to be messed with. You have to look your best regardless of how you feel and most of all you have to always DRESS-to-IMPRESS.
In a world that is like 99.9% visual. What you wear is more important than what you know. Your appearance is everything in the corporate world and beyond. You have to have the right amount of makeup, jewelry, perfume and the right outfit that speaks to what ever it is that you are selling. Walk the walk, talk the talk and tackle the rest of the details later? Not exactly what I am trying to say but you get the idea.
It's important to understand your playing field and adjust accordingly. It doesn't have to cost you a fortune either. Why spend so many years clawing yourself to the top just to find out that you have to spend a small fortune just to "look the part".
There are tons of places that the new executive can score an impressive wardrobe on a budget. Here are my top 5 places to shop on a budget!
1. Consignment Stores - Consignment stores are a gem on my list of stores to find impressive, unique clothing for work or play. Women shop far more than their counter parts therefore they always end up with items that are outdated, too small, or just too much for their current closet so they end up purging at the local consignment shop in order to buy more! You can find what ever you are looking for no matter the occasion. Thank God for Shopaholics Right?
2. Trade Shows - Trade shows are where you would go to find hidden treasures such as eclectic jewelry, purses, bags, accessories and more. Trade shows are lots of fun too!
3. Flea Markets - Flea Markets are another hidden secret. I love Flea Markets! Though you might not find your executive outfit, you are guaranteed to find enough of the other stuff to keep your budget in tact. There you will find, your beauty bars, oils, accessories, and other similar items that helps to get your look together.
4. Online Shopping - Though not all online stores are created equal. Many women don't like to shop online because there is no physical place to actually touch and feel the product before you buy. What if the material sucks! What if it doesn't fit? The What-if's are endless. That's why it is so important to find a brand or store that you like. There are no surprises ( or at-least very little) with a brand whom you've already shopped. Check out the refund policy and return policy prior to purchasing. It is always a Gold Star if they also have a physical location near-by.
We saved the best for last.
5. iShopAmoore.com - iShopAmoore.com is an online platform of women's Clothing that showcases tons of brands and types of clothing for any occasion. On iShopAmoore.com you are able to shop the Exclusive CoCo Lashon Brand among other hand picked items that women are sure to salivate over. All Shop-A-Holics are Welcomed. You are sure to find something that will suit your corporate or nightlife needs. They have new items, Trade Show items, and Consignment items as well. They also have some major Designer Items that other women just like you have to sell at low prices. You never know what you may find at iShopAmoore.com.
AJ Moore, QueenBee